Customer Service Representative-Call Center
The Customer Service Representative (“CSR”) is part of the first response team for inbound customer phone calls. The team is responsible for delivering service in a courteous, professional, and efficient manner. Interact with customers and insurance agents to discuss Errors and Omissions insurance. Perform administrative tasks and maintain client documentation. The ideal CSR is friendly, upbeat, professional, and dependable.
- Must become a licensed Property & Casualty Insurance Agent within 90 days of hire including passing the state of California’s extensive background investigation.
- Exceptional listening skills with the ability to handle difficult and detailed inbound/outbound calls.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to multi-task between various software programs.
- Problem solving and problem resolutions skills.
- Excellent typing skills to type complete, accurate and thorough notes in customer files.
- Communicate and write clearly and in a professional manner with all levels of employees and customers (telephone, email, online chat and in person).
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to work as a team and independently.
- Some call center experience desired.
- Customer service experience desired.
- High School diploma/GED.
- Support incoming calls, emails, and online chats from customers.
- Handle basic coverage questions, assist with enrollment, premium inquiries, and cancellation requests.
- Respond to questions and requests from clients/customers/agents quickly and accurately.
- Record details of all customer interactions including requests, inquiries, comments, complaints and then record details of actions taken.
- Retrieving and responding to voicemail and emails.
- Occasional outbound call campaigns.
Our Company offers full time employees a benefit package that includes 401k plan, employee stock purchase plan, medical, dental, vision and other voluntary products. CalSurance Associates pays for insurance licensing and related continuing education credits for our teammates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.